|Product Identification||Back to Contents|
|Physical and Chemical Properties||Back to Contents|
Clear, purple - blue liquid.
|【Solubility in water】|
|【Solubility in water】|
0.18 g/L (25 C)
0.084 (25 C)
1.388 g/cm3 (25 C)
|【Heat Of Vaporization】|
|【Heat Of Vaporization】|
Rubber additive, drier, whitener, catalyst.
1.5748 (25 C)
|First Aid Measures||Back to Contents|
If swallowed, wash out mouth with water provided person is conscious. Call a physician.
May be harmful if ingested.
Rise mouth. DO NOT INDUCE VOMITING. Give a glass of water to drink and transport to hospital. If unwanted vomiting occurs ensure patients' posture does not cause inhalation of liquid. Give more water to wash down throat and gullet. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Place in a coma position and maintain respiration.
Material is irritating to mucous membranes and upper respiratory tract. May be harmful if inhaled.
Move patient to fresh air. Monitor for respiratory distress. If cough or difficulty breathing develops, evaluate for respiratory tract irritation, bronchitis, or pneumonitis. Administer oxygen and assist ventilation as required. Treat bronchospasm with beta2 agonist and corticosteroid aerosols.
If inhaled, remove to fresh air. If not breathing give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen.
In case of contact, immediately wash skin with soap and copious amounts of water. Remove contaminated clothing and shoes. Call a physician.
Remove contaminated clothing and wash exposed area thoroughly with soap and water. A physician should examine the area if irritation or pain persists.
Causes skin irritation. May be harmful if absorbed through the skin.
In case of contact with eyes, flush with copious amounts of water for at least 15 minutes. Assure adequate flushing by separating the eyelids with fingers. Call a physician.
Irrigate exposed eyes with copious amounts of tepid water for at least 15 minutes. If irritation, pain, swelling, lacrimation, or photophobia persist, the patient should be seen in a health care facility.
|Handling and Storage||Back to Contents|
The product is a class C1 combustible liquid and should be stored accordingly. Keep containers closed when not in use. Do not store next to boilers.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Do not eat, drink or smoke whilst handling the product. Handle according to good industrial hygiene and safety practice. Avoid unnecessary exposure. Remove material from eyes, skin and clothing. Wash contaminated equipment before storing or reusing.
|Hazards Identification||Back to Contents|
High vapour concentrations are irritating to the eyes and the respiratory tract may cause headache and dizziness, and are anaesthetic and may have other central nervous system effects.
May cause irritation and de-fatting of skin.
The concentrated product is liable to cause redness and pain.
Ingestion or inhalation of cobalt causes nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and colicky abdominal pain.
Emits toxic fumes under fire conditions.
|【EC Risk Phrase】|
|【EC Safety Phrase】|
|Exposure Controls/Personal Protection||Back to Contents|
Compatible chemical-resistant gloves. Chemical safety goggles. Protective clothing.
Use chemical safety goggles whenever there is a danger of material contacting the eyes. Wear rubber nitrile gloves, protective clothing and boots.
Use respirators and components tested and approved under appropriate government standards such as NIOSH (US) or CEN (EU). Where risk assessment shows air-purifying respirators are appropriate use a full-face respirator with multi-purpose combination (US) or type ABEK (EN 14387) respirator cartridges as a backup to engineering controls. If the respirator is the sole means of protection, use a full-face supplied air respirator.
When airbourne exposure limit and/or comfort levels may be exceeded use a SA approved respirator consistent with the airbourne concentrations. When using organic chemical cartridges ensure that the cartridges are correct for the potential air contamination and are in good working order.
May cause allergic reaction.
Prolonged or repeated contact may cause dermatitis.
OSHA: PEL (8 h TWA): 0.1 mg/m3.
|Fire Fighting Measures||Back to Contents|
Extinguish with water spray, carbon dioxide, dry chemical powder or appropriate foam. Wear self-contained breathing apparatus and protective clothing to prevent contact with skin and eyes.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Use agent most appropriate to extinguish fire.
|【Upper exp. limit】|
|【Lower exp. limit】|
The product is a class C1 combustible liquid. Flash point: >61 deg C.
|Accidental Release Measures||Back to Contents|
Absorb on sand or vermiculite and place in closed containers for disposal. Ventilate area and wash spill site after material pickup is complete.
Clean up personnel should wear full protective clothing including self contained breathing apparatus if risk of inhalation of high concentrations of mists/vapours. The area in which the spill has occurred may be slippery. Avoid secondary accidents and clean up immediately. Eliminate all sources of igntion. Contain large volumes of spilt material. Absorb on sand, earth or other chemical absorbent. Collect and seal in properly labelled drums for disposal.
|Stability and Reactivity||Back to Contents|
Stable at normal temperatures and pressures.
Strong oxidizing agents.
Carbon monoxide, Carbon dioxide, Nitrogen oxides, Hydrogen bromide gas.
|Company Name:||J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.|
|Company Name:||Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.|
|Tel:||+86-(0)21-61259100(Shanghai) +86-(0)755-86170099(ShenZhen) +86-(0)10-62670440(Beijing)|
|Fax:||+86-(0)21-61259102(Shanghai) +86-(0)755-86170066(ShenZhen) +86-(0)10-62670790(Beijing)|
|Company Name:||Energy Chemical|
|Tel:||021-58432009 / 400-005-6266|
|Company Name:||China Langchem Inc.|
|Company Name:||Maya High Purity Chemicals|
|Tel:||+86 (573) 82222445 (0)18006601000 QQ:452520369|
|Fax:||+86 (573) 82222643|