|Company Name:||J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD. |
|Zofenopril calcium Chemical Properties|
|Hazard Codes ||N|
|Risk Statements ||50/53|
|Safety Statements ||60-61|
|Zofenopril calcium Usage And Synthesis|
|Antihypertensives||Zofenopril calcium is an angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor (ACEI) class of anti-hypertensive drugs, it is successfully developed by the US Bristol-Myers Squibb Company for the first time. It is introduced to market by the Italian Menarini pharmaceutical ,on January 8, 2001, for the first time it is listed in Italy and other European countries, trade names Bifril, Zofenil, Zopranol, it is useful in the treatment of mild to moderate essential hypertension, as well as for acute myocardial infarction patients within 24 hours, symptomatic or asymptomatic, hemodynamically stable and not receiving thrombolytic therapy. This product can significantly reduce mortality of cardiovascular disease in high-risk patients and incidence of life-threatening cardiovascular events, ,which lays a sound basis for the prevention and treatment of cardiovascular disease, showing a bright future. These drugs are more attractive in treatment of patients with hypertension (they have a higher incidence of coronary heart disease risk than the normal blood pressure population ) . |
Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors (ACEI) is an important kind of anti-hypertensive drugs, since 1981, the first orally active angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor (ACEI) captopril was listed, there has been at least 20 species of ACEI on the market, this year under the calcium channel blocker (CCB), a non-peptide angiotensin ⅱ (AngⅡ) receptor inhibitor leading the general trend of the market , ACEI kinds of drugs are still unique, occupying 1/5 of the world cardiovascular drug market share ,they ease the crisis of hundreds of millions of primary, secondary hypertension patients . In recent years a number of large-scale clinical studies have shown that ACEI has a protective effect on the heart, blood vessels and kidneys , especially for heart protection, clinical manifestations:
1. increase coronary blood flow.
2. reduce the left ventricular hypertrophy.
3. reduce the recurrence rate and mortality of myocardial infarction .
4. Mitigate pathological ventricular remodeling and dysfunction.
5. reduce the incidence and mortality of congestive heart failure.
Furthermore, ACEI also achieves gratifying results in the treatment of diabetic nephropathy .
|Pharmacological effects||Zofenopril calcium is a long-acting ACE inhibitor containing a mercapto group on the chemical structure, it is a prodrug, having lipophilic character , in vivo it plays efficacy as free thiol group zofenopril by esterase hydrolysis. Because the role of thiol group, it has stronger antioxidant properties. In addition to having the general ACEI effect of the treatment of hypertension and congestive heart failure , it also combines a unique effect on myocardial infarction. |
Zofenopril calcium compared to other ACE inhibitors, it has the following advantages:
1. zofenopril and captopril can protect the myocardium, and resist myocardial ischemia, high concentrations of enalapril, ramiprilat, Fosinoprilat have no myocardial protection.
2. strong lipophilic, high concentrations in the heart. zofenopril calcium is 200 times higher than Enalapril , and 1,500 times higher than ramipril in the heart.
3. it can be significant and long-term in cardiac ACE inhibition. Captopril and fosinopril also have this effect, but they have shorter duration of action.
4. it can improve left ventricular function after ischemia, increase coronary blood flow, reduce creatine kinase (CK) release, but fosinopril does not have this effect.
5. against the heart and other target organ damage caused by free radicals, the effect strength is better than others.
Zofenopril calcium ,in addition to similar anti-hypertension and congestive heart failure like other ACE inhibitors ,can prevent and treat myocardial infarction ,it may become the drug of choice for the treatment and prevention of myocardial infarction with hypertension .
The above information is edited by the Chemicalbook of Tian Ye.
|Uses||ACEI (angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors) class of antihypertensive drugs
|Chemical Properties||Off-White to Light Yellow Crystalline Solid|
|Usage||Angiotensin-converting enzyme ACE inhibitor. A prodrug that is de-esterified to the active inhibitor, the sulfhydryl group containing metabolite, Zofenoprilat|
|Usage||adenosine A2a receptor agonist|
|Zofenopril calcium Preparation Products And Raw materials|